TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Stromberg Carlson Company?

Stromberg Carlson Company?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
15 Aug 2005 12:48:19 -0700

Would anyone know any history of this company? I know that they once
made telephones, radios, and PA systems. I understand "Comdial"
phones are an outgrowth of them. I presume they are long out of
business.

I've never seen a home audio product, but have seen commercial PA
systems and telephone sets made by them in the 1950s.

I get the impression they were a modest sized company in both
telephones and audio products. I don't recall seeing too many of
their ads in old magazines compared to other electronic outfits.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: They also made motion picture
projectors like Bell and Howell did. PAT]

Go to Next message: nextray@yahoo.com: "FSK Signal For Voicemail on MCI"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Telephone Exchange Usage in Low-Volume States"
May be reply: Steven Lichter: "Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?"
May be reply: John McHarry: "Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?"
May be reply: George Berger: "Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?"
May be reply: Carl Navarro: "Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?"
May be reply: Steven Lichter: "Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?"
May be reply: John McHarry: "Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page