TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?

Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?

Carl Navarro (cnavarro@wcnet.org)
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:32:15 GMT

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:37:27 GMT, John McHarry <jmcharry@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 04:10:43 +0000, Steven Lichter wrote:

>> I believe the equipment manufacturing division moved to Florida and is
>> part of General Dynamics.

> They are in Florida, and I think part of Siemens, or they were a while
> back. They were a fairly big supplier to independent telcos, and one
> of the few to make the transition to digital switching. Their DCO
> competed quite well with Northern Telecom's DMS-10 and smaller
> DMS-100s.

Back in 1982, General Dynamics sold off all of the telecommunications
divisons. The "Stromberg Carlson" telephone manufacturing and ATC,
decorator phones, went to Comdial. The CO switch manufacturing part
was in Lake Mary, FL and it was not part of the sale as I remember,
but GDCC did not retain it.

Rolm bought Stromberg and later Siemens and now it's called
Siemens-Stromberg.

Carl Navarro

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Telephone Exchange Usage in Low-Volume States"
Go to Previous message: George Berger: "Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Stromberg Carlson Company?"