TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?

Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?

Steven Lichter (shlichter@diespammers.com)
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 04:10:43 GMT

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> Would anyone know any history of this company? I know that they once
> made telephones, radios, and PA systems. I understand "Comdial"
> phones are an outgrowth of them. I presume they are long out of
> business.

> I've never seen a home audio product, but have seen commercial PA
> systems and telephone sets made by them in the 1950s.

> I get the impression they were a modest sized company in both
> telephones and audio products. I don't recall seeing too many of
> their ads in old magazines compared to other electronic outfits.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: They also made motion picture
> projectors like Bell and Howell did. PAT]

I believe the equipment manufacturing division moved to Florida and is
part of General Dynamics. They were really big in Rochester, Ny.
Used the old Rochester Telephone for testing.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Go to Next message: Jack M. Germain: "Meet ZoTob; New Worm; Busy Attacking Windows Vulnerabilities"
Go to Previous message: jared: "Re: Stock Market Ticker Tape Machines"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Stromberg Carlson Company?"