TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ...

A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ...

Ed (ed1ward2@verizon.net)
5 Jul 2006 16:51:28 -0700

Just wanted to let you know there is a new (or maybe it's not so new )
scam for telemarketers to get around the do not call list.

They use an automated system on which a message is recorded.

This past January I got a call from Peruzzi, a local car dealership
here in Bucks County PA (suburban Philadelphia), wishing me a Happy
Holiday.

I had briefly, many years ago, visited his lot and looked at some cars.

Next, a couple of months later, I got another call or two and I
informed them that I was on both the PA & US Do Not Call Lists. I
asked them to take me off their lists and did get mad at them.

A month later or so, I got another call from them, this time through a
"Voice Messaging Center" that let me hear the message and I called and
told them again to take me off their list.

Last week, I got another call, and listened to the instructions on how
to instruct them to take me off their list and I did.

Tonight, I got the same call but this time, could not hear a Peruzzi
message but heard that "we will try again later".

I immediately sent a message to the Attorney General Tom Corbett and
now of course, I am here.

Whatever you do, don't patronize Perruzi Dealerships.

Here is the "Voice Messaging Service" number: 866-849-3243.

Has anyone here had the same experiences?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

P. Edward Murray

Go to Next message: telecomdirect_daily: "TelecomDirect News Daily Update - July 06, 2006"
Go to Previous message: Anick Jesdanun: "EFF Defends Liberties in High-Tech World"
May be reply: mc: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: Thor Lancelot Simon: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: mc: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: mc: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: Barry Margolin: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: Ed: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: Ed: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: Sam Spade: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: Ed: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: mc: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: Rick Merrill: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
May be reply: Ed: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
TELECOM Digest: Home Page