TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Known Spam Sites

Re: Known Spam Sites

Steven Lichter (shlichter@diespammers.com)
Fri, 03 Jun 2005 02:30:52 GMT

I'll give that a try. It seemed to have slowed down a a bit the last
few days. I posted one message here when I first set up my reader,
but had not fixed my address, and I get one or two a day here, but my
e-mail client seems to know that they are junk and deletes them before
they get to my HD.

Steve Sobol wrote:

> Steven Lichter wrote:

>> Over the last month I have noticed that over 60% of the Spam e-mail I
>> have received has come from e-mail addresses and sites that are
>> registered to Godaddy. Has anything been done or being done to shut
>> this company down?

> Have you complained to abuse@godaddy with the relevant information?

>> All of what is being sent out appears to be fraud related, plus they
>> must be ripping these newbies selling them these new targeted lists.
>> The big one now is the $400,000 loan that they called you on last
>> night and the Universal Studios, Orlando, where they want your
>> credit card number.

> GD is actually better than a lot of registrars about nuking domain
> names registered by spammers; many registrars refuse to do it even
> after you notify them of the abuses. GD does get more spammers than
> some other registrars due to their low prices. Try filing some abuse
> reports first, before you talk about getting them shut down.

> JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

> "The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
> --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Go to Next message: wolfgang+gnus20050602T200108@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com: "Re: Apparent Junk Mail"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: GSM and Roaming"
May be in reply to: Steven Lichter: "Known Spam Sites"