TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Apparent Junk Mail

Re: Apparent Junk Mail

wolfgang+gnus20050602T200108@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Fri, 03 Jun 2005 03:17:39 GMT

John Levine <johnl@iecc.com> writes:

>> Notice the original message has telecom23.354.10@telecom-digest.org

> As Pat noted, that was a Usenet message ID scraped off the net many
> years ago.

Quite a few years ago I noticed that just about anything that appeared
in a header and looked faintly like an email address would eventually
find its way into a "spam-me" CD of "A million suckers wanting to hear
your latest email scam."

That's also the Achilles tendon one needs to attack. If one's
messages have a bit of header fluff that points to a spamtrap account
on their machine one can often block spamming sites before they get
much spam through to real people.

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Not Much to do in Kid's Online Domain"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Known Spam Sites"
May be in reply to: Carl Moore: "Apparent Junk Mail"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page