TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: GSM and Roaming

Re: GSM and Roaming

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:11:11 -0000

In article <telecom24.245.2@telecom-digest.org>, Eric
<to.eric.smith@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> Anyone know of commercial or other solution to implement call hunting
> between sim cards / lines?

> Only solution I know of is HP's opencall framework.

> Thanks for any suggestions.

Grossly "insufficient data" for an intelligent answer.

But that won't stop me. <grin>

Your question is unclear -- are you a cell phone service *PROVIDER*
looking to offer this capability as an option to your customers, and
are seeking to add the requisite functionality to your switches?

Or are you a cell-phone *user* wanting hunting between several cell
phones?

In the first scenario, talk to your switch equipment vendor.

In the second scenario, ASK YOUR CELL-PHONE PROVIDER. If they offer a
re-direct to voice-mail when your phone is _in_use_, they should have
the physical capabilities in their switches to 'call forward on busy'
to a different number. Whether or not they *choose* to offer that
functionality to customers is a whole nuther story. <wry grin>

Good luck.

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Known Spam Sites"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites"
May be in reply to: Eric: "GSM and Roaming"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page