TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Bell System Photo by Ansel Adams

Re: Bell System Photo by Ansel Adams

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
17 Apr 2006 14:48:43 -0400

Garrett Wollman <wollman@csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> In article <telecom25.140.6@telecom-digest.org>,
> John C. Fowler <johnfpublic@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> What I'd like to see is an option like, if you pay an extra $5, we'll
>> handle your support calls onshore.

> There are companies that do that, only it's usually called "premium
> support" and usually costs a lot more than $5.

I don't care if the support is handled onshore or offshore. I don't
care where the person is.

What I care about is whether he can solve my problem or not. And far
too seldom are they able to do that. It is very difficult in most of
these outfits to be able to speak to an actual technician, rather than
someone who reads a troubleshooting script.

If the problem was soluble with the troubleshooting script in the manual,
I would have solved it before calling tech support.

--scott

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Getting Run-Around on Porting my Number From AT&T to Vonage"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Level 3 Snaps up ICG"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Bell System Photo by Ansel Adams"