TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Bell System Photo by Ansel Adams

Re: Bell System Photo by Ansel Adams

DLR (news22@raleighthings.com)
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 07:51:37 -0400

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Garrett Wollman <wollman@csail.mit.edu> wrote:

>> In article <telecom25.140.6@telecom-digest.org>,
>> John C. Fowler <johnfpublic@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> What I'd like to see is an option like, if you pay an extra $5, we'll
>>> handle your support calls onshore.

>> There are companies that do that, only it's usually called "premium
>> support" and usually costs a lot more than $5.

> I don't care if the support is handled onshore or offshore. I don't
> care where the person is.

> What I care about is whether he can solve my problem or not. And far
> too seldom are they able to do that. It is very difficult in most of
> these outfits to be able to speak to an actual technician, rather than
> someone who reads a troubleshooting script.

> If the problem was soluble with the troubleshooting script in the manual,
> I would have solved it before calling tech support.

That makes you a part of a small minority.

Go to Next message: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: Last Laugh! Man Gets $218 Trillion Phone Bill; and Not SBC Either."
Go to Previous message: Lena: "Re: Getting Run-Around on Porting my Number From AT&T to Vonage"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Bell System Photo by Ansel Adams"