TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?

Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?

Mark Crispin (MRC@CAC.Washington.EDU)
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:35:28 -0700

If you don't want to pay for SMS spam, then don't pay it!

Make a note of each illegitimate SMS (or the legitimate ones and
subtract) and deduct the total cost from the bill. Include a letter
to the effect that you are disputing the bill for this reason, and you
want them to block SMS spam.

You may want to cc your state regulators as well.

I don't know about T-Mobile's policy, but Verizon is very aggressive
about protecting their customers from SMS spam. AT&T Wireless was
also that way, since they didn't charge for incoming SMS; I don't know
what their policy is now that it's Cingular.

Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Go to Next message: B.M. Wright: "Re: Forwarding SMS Messages"
Go to Previous message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be in reply to: John Mayson: "Can You Disable Text Messaging?"