TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?

Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:28:35 -0700

John Mayson wrote:

> I might have a definitive answer by the time this runs, but I'll
> ask anyway.

> My wife and I switched to T-Mobile this week. With our particular
> plan all incoming text messages are charged at 5 cents per message. I
> receive about a $1 worth of spam per day. I called T-Mobile, but they
> won't even acknowledge my account exists because I'm not the "primary
> account holder" as my wife actually bought the phones. She's been
> sort of busy and hasn't called them herself.

> Does anyone have any experience with T-Mobile? Can they disable text
> messaging? I don't want to have to pay $20 to $30 per month for
> incoming spam.

They should be able to. I've had both Sprint and Verizon do it.

> We left our previous company because they didn't give a rat's behind
> about our on-going service problems until it came time to renew the
> contract, then we were their best friends. I hope T-Mobile isn't the
> same.

You should have your wife authorize you to deal with T-Mobile. She
calls in and says "John Mayson is going to call you from time to time
about my account; he's allowed to talk to you and to make changes." I
have never dealt with T-Mobile, but this is based on my experience
with dozens of other large companies with whom I do business. TM
should be no different. It's an account security issue; you DO NOT
want just anyone to be able to call in about your account.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: Mark Crispin: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Minter: "Family Reacts to Internet Sex Chat Conviction"
May be in reply to: John Mayson: "Can You Disable Text Messaging?"