TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?

Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Sat, 04 Jun 2005 20:39:26 -0700

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:52:01 -0500, John Mayson <jmayson@nyx.net>
wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with T-Mobile? Can they disable text
> messaging? I don't want to have to pay $20 to $30 per month for
> incoming spam.

T-Mobile can remove "email" text messaging where someone would send a
message to 3115552368@tmomail.net (where your phone is (310) 555-2368
..) They cannot however cancel text messaging phone to phone e.g.
someone sends a text message (SMS) to +13115552368. Text messaging is
also used to deliver an alert to your phone if someone has left a
message in your voicemail box. So, yes they can remove email text
messaging to your phone. They cannot and will not remove phone to
phone text messaging from your account.

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Nokia 3310 (GSM) and Prepaid in the US?"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Porting an 800 Number"
May be in reply to: John Mayson: "Can You Disable Text Messaging?"