TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Will My Cingular SIM Card Work in Another Brand of Phone?

Re: Will My Cingular SIM Card Work in Another Brand of Phone?

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Tue, 31 May 2005 16:44:06 -0400

rockstarr0105@gmail.com wrote:

> I Dropped my Cingular Motorola V220 in water ... OOps! Will the
> Cingular sim card work in a Nokia or other type of Motorola? Please
> Help!!!

Any unlocked GSM phone (or Cingular-locked GSM phone for that matter)
should work with your SIM.

By "locked," I mean that most US cellular companies sell phones that
are configured to work ONLY on their network. The reason is that
often, they have sold the phone to the customer at a loss, and to
recoup that loss, they lock the phone to guarantee that they get all
the revenue from using that phone.

An "unlocked" GSM phone doesn't have this restriction, and will work
with any GSM network, with any valid SIM. But generally, they're not
cheap.

Hopefully your SIM wasn't water damaged!

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Go to Next message: Thomas A. Horsley: "Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites"
Go to Previous message: Paul Coxwell: "Re: What Happened to Channel 1"
May be in reply to: rockstarr0105@gmail.com: "Will My Cingular SIM Card Work in Another Brand of Phone?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page