TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites

Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites

Thomas A. Horsley (tom.horsley@att.net)
Tue, 31 May 2005 22:28:00 GMT

> With little warning, the school system this spring started banning
> access to personal e-mail accounts in all schools because some
> students recently used school computers to e-mail threats, hit lists,
> and pornography to other students and teachers, school officials say.

Gee. Shouldn't they also ban all other forms of communication? I'd
think any media could be used for the same offensive stuff and trigger
the same lawsuits. Perhaps they should just seal up all the students
in barrels until they are old enough to graduate :-).

>>==>> The *Best* political site <URL:http://www.vote-smart.org/> >>==+
email: Tom.Horsley@worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL |
<URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley> Free Software and Politics <<==+

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "SBC to Cut High Speed Internet to $14.95 per Month"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Will My Cingular SIM Card Work in Another Brand of Phone?"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites"