TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone Jammer For Sale MONIX MGB-1S

Re: Cell Phone Jammer For Sale MONIX MGB-1S

Fred Atkinson (fatkinson@mishmash.com)
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:18:59 -0500

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Other than the fact that she apparently
> was not able to hook herself up to the network, I wonder how the
> school would know what was or wasn't there. In other words, if she now
> were to open the computer and install the original card in there
> instead, how would the school ever find out, or do they search dorm
> rooms looking for contraband hardware, etc? PAT]

Because they don't make the jack in her dorm room hot until they had
verified it. That's how.

Truthfully, though, it wouldn't be hard to set up access lists to
reject all MAC addresses except those with OUIs that reflect 3Com.

Fred

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Lingo Referral"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Cell Phone Jammer For Sale MONIX MGB-1S"
May be in reply to: donestuardo@yahoo.com: "Cell Phone Jammer For Sale MONIX MGB-1S"