TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: VOIP

Re: VOIP

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 13:51:17 -0500

In article <telecom23.605.14@telecom-digest.org>, jim@giganews.com
says:

> I'm considering VOIP for my home but realistically, how many phones
> can it support? I've read from 2 sites, 3 and 5 phones so I was
> hoping what your experience has been? Does it matter who the provider
> is to answer this question? I presume the phones are the same used as
> before voip. Just in case, can you buy one base unit with multiple
> hand sets ?

I have five phones connected to my VoIP router (A Linksys RT31P2). The
phones are:

A Radio Shack 43-3544 900MHz cordless;
Western Electric 2940 Celebrity;
Western Electric 2226 Trimline;
Western Electric 2702B Princess;
Western Electric 302 - Receive Only but will be able to dial once I pick
up a SMART-1 adapter.

No problems at all.

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: VOIP"
Go to Previous message: Clark W. Griswold, Jr.: "Re: VOIP"
May be in reply to: Don Nelsch: "VOIP"