TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: VOIP

Re: VOIP

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
18 Dec 2004 21:36:05 -0000

> I'm considering VOIP for my home but realistically, how many phones
> can it support?

It depends on the terminal adapter. I have Vonage with a Cisco
ATA-186 and it supports three phones fine.

> Just in case, can you buy one base unit with multiple hand sets ?

Most VoIP carriers give you a terminal adapter into which you plug a
phone rather than a standalone phone. You can always throw money at
the problem and plug in a high-end cordless phone that supports
multiple handsets.

You can also buy ring boosters that increase the number of phones you
can plug in.

--

John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 330 5711 johnl@iecc.com, Mayor, http://johnlevine.com, Member, Provisional board, Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial E-mail

Go to Next message: Klay Anderson: "Re: Cingular Migration"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: VOIP"
May be in reply to: Don Nelsch: "VOIP"