TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: History of Wireless Networking

Re: History of Wireless Networking

T (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:54:35 -0400

In article <telecom26.86.2@telecom-digest.org>, assoc@telecom-digest.org
says:

> By Abdul Rahman Malik

> As we peep in the history of Networking we will find that in 1971, the
> researchers at the University of Hawaii developed the world's first
> WLAN , or in full form the wireless local area network which was named
> as ALOHAnet .The ALOHAnet was supposed to be the bi-directional or two
> way directional star topology of the system which included seven
> computers deployed over four islands in order to communicate with the
> central computer on the Oahu Island without using phone lines for
> connection or data transfer.

ALOHAnet used amateur radio packet if I remember correctly.

Go to Next message: T: "Re: Judge Hits Vonage With Injuction; Stop Using Verizon Technology"
Go to Previous message: Mark Roberts: "Re: Information Wanted on GrandCentral.com"
May be in reply to: Abdul Rahman Malik, Associated Content, Inc: "History of Wireless Networking"