TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How Do I Do Something to Phone Solicitation People?

Re: How Do I Do Something to Phone Solicitation People?

Raqueeb Hassan (wideangle@gmail.com)
7 Nov 2006 09:09:12 -0800

admin35 wrote:

> Was the call received on your cell phone?

> Does your cell phone company (or any cell phone company) retain any
> SS7 "out of band" information on incomming calls? If so, then you
> could get that information from your cell phone company.

> On 2 Nov 2006 20:57:57 -0800, Nehmo <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Someone *identifying himself* as "Mike" from
>> http://www.dishnetwork.com/ called me to sell me a $49.95 TV satellite
>> dish installation. They call at random times and frequency, but it
>> seems to be about two calls per day, usually in the evening. I've
>> politely told them to take me off their list several times. It doesn't
>> work, of course.

Well, I don't know what happens when some numbers get ported to
another carrier and then to another, shouldn't that parent provider or
FCC (as these are under some regional dial plan) keep some records
like where these numbers have been ported to and/or records of change
or ownership? I think most numbers are bound to SSN of individuals or
some corporates. I might be wrong.

Just curious. Having said that we still can't port numbers between
carriers. Wish we could have our old numbers back!

Raqueeb Hassan
Bangladesh

Go to Next message: Jim Puzzunghera: "FCC Says Some Obscenities Can Be Used on News Shows"
Go to Previous message: support@sellcom.com: "Re: How Do I Do Something to Phone Solicitation People?"
May be in reply to: Nehmo: "How Do I Do Something to Phone Solicitation People?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page