TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How Do I Do Something to Phone Solicitation People?

Re: How Do I Do Something to Phone Solicitation People?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
3 Nov 2006 13:34:20 -0800

Nehmo wrote:

> Call them at xxx-xxx-xxxx.. I got an idea. I'm going to post the number
> to some porn groups.

It's entirely possible the number you quoted belongs to some innocent
person and is just being used to give out to prospects who ask too
many questions. It would not surprise me if these people figured out
how to fake out caller-id.

I agree with the frustration of constant sales calls, but we don't
want innocent people to get harassed in the process of fighting back.

There was a letter published in the newspaper complaining about all
the soliciting calls from politicians, which are exempt from all the
rules. I've already been honored by calls from the President, past
president, governor, senators, etc., except all were recordings. One
call was from a real person volunteer working locally in a campaign
whom I think actually dialed the call herself, not using a machine,
but those are rare.

Many unscrupulous companies make sales calls or unsolicited faxes
knowing it's too hard for ordinary consumers to fight back. (I don't
know the law on faxes, but we get lots of scam faxes; we just thrown
them out but it irks me since its our paper/toner being wasted.)

Unsolicited faxes should be illegal. No "one time" exception, no
excuses. Telemarketing, including political calls and charity calls
should be illegal.

Go to Next message: Goudreau_Bob@notchur.biz: "Re: How Do I Do Something to Phone Solicitation People?"
Go to Previous message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "A New Form of Trickery"
May be in reply to: Nehmo: "How Do I Do Something to Phone Solicitation People?"