TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The Web is a Terror Training Camp in the USA, Chertoff Claims

Re: The Web is a Terror Training Camp in the USA, Chertoff Claims

Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:34:29 UTC

In article <telecom25.364.2@telecom-digest.org>, Reuters News Wire
wrote:

> Disaffected people living in the United States may develop radical
> ideologies and potentially violent skills over the Internet and that
> could present the next major U.S. security threat, U.S. Homeland
> Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said on Monday.

DHS is a toothless organization. Chertoff has to earn his pay somehow,
so he's producing "facts" that will make it easier to justify the Bush
administration screwing us out of more of our civil rights.

Bend over, folks, and pull your pants down, if you aren't already sore
back there.

> things like bomb-making is a dangerous combination," Chertoff
> said. "Those are the kind of terrorists that we may not be able to
> detect with spies and satellites."

Your agency couldn't find its collective bureaucratic ass with both
hands; you are not competent enough to detect terrorists.

> Chertoff pointed to the July 7, 2005 attacks on London's transit
> system, which killed 56 people, as an example a home-grown threat.

Other types of crime are perpetrated using the Internet too. Let's
just switch the stupid thing off, eh?

Chertoff needs a clue implant.

> into "intelligence fusion centers," where they would work with local
> police agencies, and cooperative ISPs in identifying dissident users.

And woe be unto ISPs that have a backbone and refuse to cooperate.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: How about an _honest_ re-write of this
> news item, like this: " Michael Chertoff has stated that people who
> get most of their news from truthful sources on the internet instead
> of relying on the highly sanitized news presented as 'news' by the
> New York Times and the talking heads on television are more likely to
> have a realistic view of the world and a certain amount of anger
> built up inside them when they realize how politicians and other
> 'authorities' have defrauded and humored them while attemptng
> desparately to maintain their own fraud, called 'law and order' in
> the USA. Long ago, we got the newspapers and the Talking Heads on
> televison and the radio to toe the line, but that damn Internet! It
> is a bunch of people talking and thinking for themselves, and we
> cannot have that if _we_ are to maintain control. There ought to be a
> law against things like Internet!" PAT]

Bless you, Pat, that's exactly what I was thinking! >:)

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Go to Next message: Ken Wheatley: "Re: Just What Is SIP And SS7 and How Do They Work With VoIP?"
Go to Previous message: telecomdirect_daily: "TelecomDirect News Daily Update - October 18, 2006"
May be in reply to: Reuters News Wire: "The Web is a Terror Training Camp in the USA, Chertoff Claims"