TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Just What Is SIP And SS7 and How Do They Work With VoIP?

Re: Just What Is SIP And SS7 and How Do They Work With VoIP?

Ken Wheatley (ken.wheatley@birchanger.com)
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:54:06 +0100

On 16 Oct 2006 16:11:04 -0700, FreedomFireCom <melemm@cognisurf.com>
wrote:

> Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Signaling System 7 (SS7) are the
> common protocols used for transmitting voice across networks. Just how
> they work with VoIP ... or not ... opens the door for both concerns and
> opportunity.

> You can read the rest of this article here:
> http://Broadband-nation.blogspot.com

Interesting article, but I'm not sure I agree with 'SIP ... does not
use a separate signalling path', in that the media certainly need, and
usually does not, follow the same path as the SIP dialogs.

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: Phony Identification"
Go to Previous message: Steven J. Sobol: "Re: The Web is a Terror Training Camp in the USA, Chertoff Claims"
May be in reply to: FreedomFireCom: "Just What Is SIP And SS7 and How Do They Work With VoIP?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page