TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Should Consumers Tape "Customer Service" Calls?

Re: Should Consumers Tape "Customer Service" Calls?

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:18:29 -0700

T wrote:

> I was definitely dealing with folks in India. The funny part is, at
> work we use Dell servers and gear. Our standard line with their
> support (Which is U.S. based, btw.) is to tell them it's a production
> box and send us the part, which they do without fail.

> There ought to be some sort of vetting process for I.T. folks to get
> past those damned support scripts.

Two of my three home PC's are Dells and we spec Dell at
work. Institutional customers like schools and companies work with
different tech support teams than the teams individual customers work
with.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Apple Valley, CA
Resident of Southern California -
the home of beautiful people and butt-ugly traffic jams

Go to Next message: FRM Guru: "Lucent Avaya NT1B-300 Network Termination"
Go to Previous message: NOTvalid@Queensbridge.us: "Re: For Sale: InternetDotComs.com"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Should Consumers Tape "Customer Service" Calls?"