TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?

When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?

Stephen Greenfield (StephenG@Screenplay.com)
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 23:39:20 -0700

Dear Patrick,

I've been trying to research the date a particular sign was posted on
my property in Glendale, California. When I saw that it had the
company's name (Pacific Fence Co.) and a very old 2L-4N phone
number ( Hillside 8141 ), I grew to wonder when Los Angeles would have
made the transition to 2L-5N, because I could probably figure the sign
predates that time.

My property was built in 1926. I'm guessing that Los Angeles switched
over sometime after WWII and before 1949, but I can't get a better fix
on that. Any chance you know where to look?

(I've been scanning old postings and digests, but haven't found anything
definitive)/

Best Regards,

Stephen Greenfield
StephenG@screenplay.com

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Perhaps some of our older readers who
have been around Los Angeles for a half-century or so, or older
readers who lived there in the 1940-60 era will be able to answer
this. PAT]

Go to Next message: Cellular-News: "Cellular-News for Tuesday 18th April 2006"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: ""IBM and the Future of TV" Podcast"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?"
May be reply: Anthony Bellanga: "Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?"
May be reply: Steven Lichter: "Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?"
May be reply: Steven Lichter: "Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?"
May be reply: The Chief Instigator: "Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page