TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?

Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:27:40 -0000

In article <telecom25.146.5@telecom-digest.org>, Stephen Greenfield
<StephenG@Screenplay.com> wrote:

> Dear Patrick,

> I've been trying to research the date a particular sign was posted on
> my property in Glendale, California. When I saw that it had the
> company's name (Pacific Fence Co.) and a very old 2L-4N phone
> number ( Hillside 8141 ), I grew to wonder when Los Angeles would have
> made the transition to 2L-5N, because I could probably figure the sign
> predates that time.

> My property was built in 1926. I'm guessing that Los Angeles switched
> over sometime after WWII and before 1949, but I can't get a better fix
> on that. Any chance you know where to look?

The chances are very good that the GLENDALE PUBLIC LIBRARY has old
telephone books for Glendale.

If not, it is a safe bet that the L.A. (the city proper) Library has
L.A. phone books going back that far.

Go to Next message: Anthony Bellanga: "Re: When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?"
Go to Previous message: naftali: "VOIP Billing"
May be in reply to: Stephen Greenfield: "When Did 2L-5N Become Required in Los Angeles?"