TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon POTS

Re: Verizon POTS

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
9 Nov 2005 06:50:57 -0800

Tony P. wrote:

> Verizon is famous for having crappy outside plant records. For
> example, when I moved here in October, 2004 they swore up and down
> that service was hooked up. Plug in the phone and no dial-tone. No NID
> either.

Verizon is a big company that is a hodge podge of companies with very
different performance history. You can't generalize. When we added
service it took only a day (physical line already there), and about
week (wires had to be run, cost $110).

> So I open the terminal block, take out the butt set and start dialing
> the ANAC number on every pair. Not only did I find my pair, I found
> the NID for my apartment and the two weren't anywhere near each other,
> nor was the NID connected.

What is "ANAC" and "NID"?

Go to Next message: Fred Goldstein: "Re: NN0 Central Office Codes"
Go to Previous message: Michael Chance: "Re: Verizon POTS"
May be in reply to: Joe: "Verizon POTS"