TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset

Replacement for Siemens Gigaset

rlittle@thetasoft.com
Thu, 03 Nov 2005 22:20:18 -0800

The Siemens Gigaset is great as far as features go, operating like a
little PBX (the extensions dial each other, the base unit does the
actual telecom work of dialing while the handsets just act like
recievers).

Unfortunately, the Siemens quality sucks. It works for about a year
before it starts flaking out -- we've already gone through 2 base
units, and Siemens customer support is worse than their reliability.

So, I'm in the market for a new system. I got the Panasonic 2 line
6502, but feature-wise its horrible. (I'm so tired of seeing "24
missed calls" on the handset that was lost under the couch).

Is there a good system out there? Cost is really no issue -- I'm
desperate for feature parity with the Siemens -- cordless handsets (6
or more), base unit does all the dialing, multiple lines (2),
answering machine, transfer & conference between handsets... Surely
there must be something out there!

Help!

--rob

Go to Next message: Cellular-Bnews: "Cellular-News for Friday 4th November 2005"
Go to Previous message: Peter Godwin: "Internet Community Organization at World Sunmit Outline"
May be reply: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
May be reply: Dan Lanciani: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
May be reply: davidesan@gmail.com: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
May be reply: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
May be reply: Thor Lancelot Simon: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
May be reply: CharlesH: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
May be reply: Thor Lancelot Simon: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Replacement for Siemens Gigaset"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page