TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?

Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
22 Sep 2005 12:05:40 -0700

Several years ago I signed up for the big PC Expo show in New York
City. I included my real email address.

Since then I have received many advertisements for subsequent
technology shows and from various vendors. Early on I sent in a
request to remove my name; that request was ignored.

The promotors of PC Expo are not some "fly by night" basement outfit,
they are supposedly a legitimate organization. But I am angry that
they released my email (which was required) to outsiders and that I
continue to get spam from them. The latest spam came from: ITD
Holdings <dnina@itdholdings.com>

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

[public replies please]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Induction Coil Lamps"
Go to Previous message: Allen Newman: "Bell System Phone Label Code?"
May be reply: nospam4me@mytrashmail.com: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
May be reply: NOTvalid@XmasNYC.Info: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
May be reply: A. Berger -- Onlynux: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
May be reply: Steven Lichter: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
May be reply: Barry Margolin: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
May be reply: Dave Garland: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
May be reply: John McHarry: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
May be reply: A. Berger -- Onlynux: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page