TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?

Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?

nospam4me@mytrashmail.com
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:58:21 UTC

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> Several years ago I signed up for the big PC Expo show in New York
> City. I included my real email address.

> Since then I have received many advertisements for subsequent
> technology shows and from various vendors. Early on I sent in a
> request to remove my name; that request was ignored.

About all you can do is contact each individual emailer and tell them
you want no more email from them; this is a CAN SPAM Act requirement.

As for the promoters of PC-EXPO, perhaps a cease and desist letter
from your attorney is the next step.

If you note the email address I use for posting here ... that absorbs
all the spam generated from usenet harvesters; if you think having a
@mytrashmail.com address would be a problem simply make a freemail
account on Yahoo, Hotmail etc to give to any unknown/untrusted
businesses; although in my case if they don't like @mytrashmail they
can ESAD/FOAD!

Herb Oxley

Go to Next message: NOTvalid@XmasNYC.Info: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
Go to Previous message: Michelle Roberts: "Mayor Once Again Plans to Reopen New Orleans"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"