TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?

Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
26 Sep 2005 13:41:39 -0700

A. Berger -- Onlynux wrote:

> The best way to get rid of spam is always give an email alias to
> everybody, this way all people will have a different email address and
> when you want to stop the spammer simply delete the alias, also you
> will know for sure who the spammer is.

I do not have the resources to get multiple email addresses.

Indeed, it would be inconvenient to use different addresses every time
I did e-business. Usually a company will send a confirmation memo, so
I would have to keep careful track of multiple addresses. Too much
trouble.

Anyway, all of my e-business so far (the little I do since I avoid it)
has not had a problem until this particular time. As mentioned, this
is not some little fly-by-night outfit, but a large ongoing business.

Someone mentioned "Yahoo" offers 'free' email. Are these hard to get?
Do you have to give information to Yahoo to get one?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: To get a free Yahoo mailbox all you
need to do is go to http://yahoo.com and sign up for one, plus answer
a few simple questions which are mainly for security purposes. You
will have an opportunity at that point to sign up for 'enhanced' service
features (re the amount of space alloted, spam filtering, etc, which
you can either accept or decline. I have a couple of their mailboxes,
and they come in handy. You'll also have an opportunity to sign up for
features like Yahoo Groups ( a sort of newsgroup thing; this Digest
has a 'group' there), My Yahoo (a home page with news headlines that
you choose to format as desired), Yahoo Messenger (which is free group
or one-on-one chat), Yahoo Personals (romanticly-oriented personal
ads, this last feature is not totally free, you pay to transmit and
receive email of a more personal nature.) Yahoo has a lot of good
features, all mostly advertiser supported. You do have to give some
information, as noted above, mostly for security verification
purposes. PAT]

Go to Next message: Brad Houser: "Re: Bell System Phone Label Code?"
Go to Previous message: Jonathan Marashlian: "The Front Lines - September 26, 2005"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"