TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Telecom Scam

Telecom Scam

Eric Shoaf (Eric.Shoaf@ssa.gov)
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:33:45 -0400

I just received this today. I called to see what the deal was. They
required that I made over 50k, I bring my spouse to an office at 1250
22nd Street NW, DC with two forms of ID. No Children. I would have to
set through a 90 minute presentation. I felt this might be a scam, so
I did a search on the phone number that I called on the internet and
found Telecom Digest.

Message as follows ...

Eric,

Please call me at 1-866-677-4100. I previously tried to contact you at
410xxxxxxx, but was unable to reach you. This is reference to an entry
form you filled out, either on-line or at a major mall or movie
theater. I actually have some decent news in regards to the Global
Adventure and Ford Explorer contest. I have an address, claim number,
and further details for you. Since all prizes are well over $500, I
will need a few moments of your time to cover all related lottery-type
information from procuring your prizes due to any tax issues on them.

Sincere congratulations!

The Prize Claim Coordinators

P.S. For your convenience, we are available 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central
Standard Time, Monday to Friday
199.173.226.228 Jul 20 2005 6:26AM

Please follow url below to stop further emails
eshoaf@comcast.net">http://www.prizeclaimcenter.net/cgi-bin/frame1.cgi?email=eshoaf@comcast.net
<eshoaf@comcast.net">http://www.prizeclaimcenter.net/cgi-bin/frame1.cgi?email=eshoaf@comcast.net

The Prize Claim Coordinators 105 South River Rd North Aurora, IL, 60542

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Thanks for passing it along, but it is
a total _scam_. I hope you did not get too much into it. PAT]

Go to Next message: William Cattey: "Re: Is Verizon Wireless Sabotaging Older Cell Phones?"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Sid Ceasar and Phones in Comedy"
May be reply: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: Telecom Scam"
May be reply: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Telecom Scam"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page