TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Telecom Scam

Re: Telecom Scam

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
31 Aug 2005 11:44:46 -0400

Michael D. Sullivan <userid@camsul.example.invalid> wrote:

> Eric Shoaf wrote:

>> I just received this today. I called to see what the deal was. They
>> required that I made over 50k, I bring my spouse to an office at 1250
>> 22nd Street NW, DC with two forms of ID. No Children. I would have to
>> set through a 90 minute presentation. I felt this might be a scam, so
>> I did a search on the phone number that I called on the internet and
>> found Telecom Digest.

> The address they gave you is for an Embassy Suites hotel (it's across
> the street from my office, in fact), not an office building. Total
> scam.

Well, a lot of these guys give presentations in rented hotel
conference rooms.

Many of these program ARE scams, it's true, but just because they are
using a hotel conference room doesn't mean they necessarily are one.

--scott

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But we know for a fact that this one is
a scam. PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Internet Phone Companies May Cut Off Customers"
Go to Previous message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Is Verizon Wireless Sabotaging Older Cell Phones?"
May be in reply to: Eric Shoaf: "Telecom Scam"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page