TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Is it Sp*m if They Are Offering to Set You Up as a Sp*mmer?

Is it Sp*m if They Are Offering to Set You Up as a Sp*mmer?

Hudson Leighton (hudsonl@skypoint.com)
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:43:02 -0500

Received the following email today, names and address removed to protect
the guilty.

******

BulletProof server:

Fresh IPs
1024MB RAM
P4 CPU
72GB SCSI
Dedicated 100M fiber
Unlimited Data Transfer
Any software
Based in China
US$599.00 for per month

May use the server for:

Bulk Hosting
Direct Mailing

We also supply Target list according to your
order and sending out your message for you.

*****

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I've been thinking I should write a
note to those people and ask them how many netters take them up on
their offer to 'rent their server' for direct mail purposes. If
they can get $599 per customer/month it would pay me to discontinue
this Digest and turn my computer totally into a 'bullet proof' direct
spam -- err, I mean, mail server. Even just one customer per month
would pay off better for me than this Digest does at $599 each. PAT]

Go to Next message: Michael Quinn: "Last Laugh! Turning the Tables on Nigeria's E-Mail Conmen"
Go to Previous message: Micheal Quinn: "Spam Targeted at TD Subscribers?"
May be reply: Steven Lichter: "Re: Is it Sp*m if They Are Offering to Set You Up as a Sp*mmer?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page