TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Nextel False Advertising

Re: Nextel False Advertising

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 02:12:15 UTC

In <telecom24.348.12@telecom-digest.org> johnl@iecc.com (John
R. Levine) writes:

>> I believe the NYS Attorney General recently hauled them into court for
>> false advertising.

> If he did, he managed to do so without issuing a press release nor
> without anyone in the media noticing, which is rather unlikely.

Sigh. It was NYC's Department of Consumer Affairs, as posted here in
this very BBS:

Message is repeated here:

From: Danny Burstein <dannyb@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:10:05 -0400
Subject: NYC's Consumer Affairs Suing Cellcos Re: False Adverts

"New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) Acting
Commissioner Jonathan Mintz today announced the agency has filed
suit in New York Supreme Court against three major wireless
companies for pitching cell phones and services in deceptive
advertisements that misled consumers. DCA filed suit against
Nextel Communications Inc., Sprint Spectrum L.P., and T-Mobile
dannyb@panix.com

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I _knew_ I had read it somewhere on the
net about Nextel getting sued; my own newsgroup would be a good place
to go looking, I guess ... IMO, Nextel is not very forthright about
the distinctions between 'regular' cell phone service and their own
thing, nor about how the word 'nationwide' is to be interpreted. PAT]

Go to Next message: Ron Chapman: "Re: Nextel False Advertising"
Go to Previous message: Charles Cryderman: "Re: Credit Reports, was Re: AT&T Customers Taken Over By Alltel"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Nextel False Advertising"