TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

Bob Vaughan (techie@tantivy.tantivy.net)
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:17:15 UTC

In article <telecom24.279.1@telecom-digest.org>, Fred Atkinson
<fatkinson@mishmash.com> wrote:

> I suspect that some of you are experiencing this or have already
> solved it. So, maybe one of you can tell me where I can find
> something to solve this problem.

> I've accumulated so many devices on my home network (and some devices
> that are not network related as well) that power strips are an issue.
> Most of these devices have the big 'calculator charger' type of power
> supply that plugs directly into the AC outlet.

> I've been looking for some type of power strip that has eight or more
> outlets that are spaced far enough apart that you can plug all of
> these things into them without overlapping each other.

> Searching the Internet, I've not found anything like this. The best
> is one of those long power strips that you usually install on the wall
> as a permanent part of the house electrical system. I think there
> might be something much better. Or maybe someone has a better
> suggestion.

> Any ideas?

You mean something like:

10 outlets, (5 duplex outlets side by side). (II) (II) (II) (II) (II)
15' cord (II) (II) (II) (II) (II)

I've been able to fit 10 smaller wall warts on a single strip, or
6 large wall warts, plus 4 cords.

Belkin F9D1000-15 (I've found these at Home Depot, but not on the
Belkin website)
or

Waber UL800CB-15
http://www.waber.com/products/product.cfm?productID=1961

Waber/Tripp-Lite also has the long (4-6') strips with cord/plug.
http://www.waber.com/products/powerstrips/index.cfm

power strips
PS2408 (24"/8 outlets)
PS3612 (36"/12 outlets)
PS4816 (48"/16 outlets)
PS6020 (60"/20 outlets)
PS7224 (72"/24 outlets)

surge strips
SS7415 (48"/16 outlets)
SS7619 (72"/24 outlets)

Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --

Go to Next message: James Carlson: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
Go to Previous message: Bit Twister: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Power Strips for Home Networks"