TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

James Carlson (james.d.carlson@sun.com)
20 Jun 2005 08:55:36 -0400

Fred Atkinson <fatkinson@mishmash.com> writes:

> I've accumulated so many devices on my home network (and some devices
> that are not network related as well) that power strips are an issue.
> Most of these devices have the big 'calculator charger' type of power
> supply that plugs directly into the AC outlet.

How I hate those wall warts ...

> Searching the Internet, I've not found anything like this. The best
> is one of those long power strips that you usually install on the wall
> as a permanent part of the house electrical system. I think there
> might be something much better. Or maybe someone has a better
> suggestion.

There are short (1' or less) extension cables available to move the
transformer off of the power strip:

http://www.pccables.com/01208.htm

(There are probably other sources of these things; I just found this
one on a quick Google search.)

James Carlson, KISS Network <james.d.carlson@sun.com>

Go to Next message: David B. Horvath, CCP: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
Go to Previous message: Bob Vaughan: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Power Strips for Home Networks"