TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Monitor/Recorder for Residential Power Line Outages?

Re: Monitor/Recorder for Residential Power Line Outages?

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:35:37 GMT

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:41:55 -0700, AES wrote:

> Any have pointers to a gadget that will monitor and log power outages
> or glitches on 110V or 220V residential electrical service?

> Looking for a home or retail level gadget that will work either
> connected to a dedicated computer, or preferably free-standing with
> periodic read-out to a computer, logging time and duration of both
> longer outages and short glitches (anything long enough to cause
> digital clocks and appliance displays to reset).

Your best bet is likely to be a UPS. Some of them use their PC link to
write a log of when power went out and returned. Mine sends a message to
the system terminal (Linux), but that could probably be redirected to a
log file. Actually, I think it keeps logs normally, but I have never
bothered with them.

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: '80' Country Code"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Pod Slurping Dangerous to Your Company"
May be in reply to: AES: "Monitor/Recorder for Residential Power Line Outages?"