TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: '80' Country Code

Re: '80' Country Code

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:45:27 -0700

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:11:42 -0000, bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com
(Robert Bonomi) wrote:

> In article <telecom24.277.1@telecom-digest.org>, Geoff
> <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>> I was looking at my call logs and have an international call from
>> Spain and another country. The number for the other country starts
>> with '803' but there is no country with an '80' and '803' dialing
>> code. Any ideas where the call came from?

> Best guess: somewhere around Helsinki, Finland.

That is a pretty wild guess considering that country codes beginning
with an 8 are usually in the far east.

Finland's country code is 358!

If it's not a country it may be a certain service.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Or maybe it was _area code_ 803,
which I think is somewhere in the Carolinas? PAT]

Go to Next message: John McHarry: "Re: Is it Possible to Buy a Cell Phone With no Plan?"
Go to Previous message: John McHarry: "Re: Monitor/Recorder for Residential Power Line Outages?"
May be in reply to: Geoff: "'80' Country Code"