TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Monitor/Recorder for Residential Power Line Outages?

Re: Monitor/Recorder for Residential Power Line Outages?

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
21 Jun 2005 11:01:21 -0400

Robert Bonomi <bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com> wrote:

> In article <telecom24.276.15@telecom-digest.org>, AES
> <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote:

>> In article <telecom24.275.11@telecom-digest.org>,
>> bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

>>> It should be obvious that any such device will need to be powered by
>>> some sort of UPS. Whereupon you may as well use a UPS. <grin>

>> I don't see why a simple power monitor/logger gadget can't be battery
>> powered, or more precisely, line powered with battery power to carry
>> it over the hopefully rare occasions when the line power fails,

> <sigh> That battery "back-up" _is_ a UPS. A "simpleton" DC-output
> variety, but a UPS nonetheless *grin*

Guys, this is a simple commercial product, and it's sold by a bunch of
companies. Fluke makes a very nice one. You can probably rent one from
a local test equipment rental, or you might be able to call your power
company and have them leave one on your line for a week or two.

--scott

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: DSL Speed"
Go to Previous message: Paul: "Re: Is it Possible to Buy a Cell Phone With no Plan?"
May be in reply to: AES: "Monitor/Recorder for Residential Power Line Outages?"