TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: ISP Hunting

ISP Hunting

DevilsPGD (spamsucks@crazyhat.net)
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:47:15 -0600

I'm going to be just outside of Chicago (Skokie, if you must know) for
an unknown period of time and looking to find out what the cheapest
way to get internet access would be.

I have no need for anything other then basic connectivity, and the
ability to establish HTTPS connections to a known IP and PPTP
connections to another known IP (not even DNS is required) and I
certainly will not need ISP provided email, webspace, or anything of
the sort. I also absolutely refuse to install any crapware provided
by an ISP.

I'm eyeballing dialup access through ISP.COM which offers $8.95 - 56K
Regular Dial-up -- any thoughts, good or bad? Can I do better?

Any thoughts?

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Inscription: Surveillance Turned Inside Out"
Go to Previous message: Geoff: "'80' Country Code"
May be reply: Fred Atkinson: "Re: ISP Hunting"
May be reply: NOTvalid@XmasNYC.Info: "Re: ISP Hunting"
May be reply: Choreboy: "Re: ISP Hunting"
May be reply: Julian Thomas: "Re: ISP Hunting"
May be reply: Fred Atkinson: "Re: ISP Hunting"
May be reply: J Kelly: "Re: ISP Hunting"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: ISP Hunting"
May be reply: Choreboy: "Re: ISP Hunting"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: ISP Hunting"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page