TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: ISP Hunting

Re: ISP Hunting

Fred Atkinson (fatkinson@mishmash.com)
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:40:57 -0700 (PDT)

> Don't you want news-server access? That's the most common
> deal-breaker for me.

It shouldn't be a concern.

If the price is cheap enough for an ISP you've chosen and they don't
provide a news server, also get a news account at Newsguy
http://www.newsguy.com . They have a special plan that they offer
one year of news server access for forty dollars. I used them once
when a ten dollar a month ISP I was then using dropped their news
server without telling anyone.

The service was very good. And they add new news groups pretty
quickly when you request them. I'm not using them now because my
cablemodem provider provides me with news server access. But I'd
resort to them in an instant if my provider didn't offer it as part of
the package.

Regards,

Fred

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Re: XO Communications"
Go to Previous message: Julian Thomas: "Re: ISP Hunting"
May be in reply to: DevilsPGD: "ISP Hunting"