TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Switch Identification

Re: Switch Identification

Tim@Backhome.org
Mon, 23 May 2005 18:11:02 -0700

Justin Time wrote:

> Ever thought of asking the cable provider what type of switch they use
> to provision their voice services? That to me would be the most
> logical first step. Much easier than attempting to guess what
> generated a tone. But then asking the provider is just too simple.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Yes, but would you get someone who knew
> what they were talking about? _That_ to me is always the big question
> when dealing with CSRs. Sounds good, but can you believe them? PAT]

When I had wireline from my cable provider, and asked them, they refused
to provide me with any information about their switch.

Go to Next message: AES: "Re: Why Does it Take So Long?"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Cingular / sms.ac Ripoff Alert"
May be in reply to: Mike Cater: "Switch Identification"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page