TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Switch Identification

Switch Identification

Mike Cater (cater@cdvill66e.org)
Sat, 21 May 2005 17:39:42 -0400

Recently I switched service providers for my POTS line. We used to be
using a WECo 5ESS, with the older line cards (the better sounding
ones!). I switched to a cable provider and obtained a landline through
them. It's not VOiP. It is routed through the same switch I used to
use but it's not homed from that switch. So obviously this makes
finding the CLLI of the switch alot harder.

To get to the point, while messing around with the switchhook I got a
strange busy signal. It's 1600 Hz on for 0.5 seconds, off for 0.5
seconds. Here's a wav file of it: http://tinyurl.com/4dk34/busy.mp3

If you have any idea of what kind of switch this is,
please advise! Thanks.

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "An Incident Forty Years Ago at Bell Labs"
Go to Previous message: William Cousert: "Thinking About VOIP"
May be reply: Howard Eisenhauer: "Re: Switch Identification"
May be reply: Justin Time: "Re: Switch Identification"
May be reply: Mike Cater: "Re: Switch Identification"
May be reply: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Switch Identification"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page