TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Vonage Improvement: No More Dial 1+

Vonage Improvement: No More Dial 1+

John Schmerold (john@katy.com)
Tue, 17 May 2005 07:42:27 -0500

Recently ordered a new Vonage line. The new line does not require a "1"
prefix.

I was spending $50 per new line for a device that inserted the 1. This
is Great news!

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Since there is no price differential
on Vonage in most cases (I still have a 500 minute limited account
but most users do not) the '1' is pointless and a waste of time.
_Everything_ is ten digits; even locally, and the price is the same
no matter what. However, some people do not know that Vonage can also
be _seven digits_ with area code (where the box was installed, or
'home area') assumed. Like telco, if nothing is dialed after seven
digits, then it sits there for a few seconds to time out, and deals
with what it got. PAT]

Go to Next message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Survey: Mobile Video Gets Lukewarm Support"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "AT&T Licensed the Transistor For Free"
May be reply: Scott Kramer: "Re: Vonage Improvement: No More Dial 1+"
May be reply: Jim Hatfield: "Re: Vonage Improvement: No More Dial 1+"
May be reply: Dean M.: "Re: Vonage Improvement: No More Dial 1+"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Vonage Improvement: No More Dial 1+"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Vonage Improvement: No More Dial 1+"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page