TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage Improvement: No More Dial 1+

Re: Vonage Improvement: No More Dial 1+

DevilsPGD (
Wed, 18 May 2005 21:55:28 -0600

In message <> Tony P.
<> wrote:

> In article <>, says:

>> Recently ordered a new Vonage line. The new line does not require a "1"
>> prefix.

>> I was spending $50 per new line for a device that inserted the 1. This
>> is Great news!

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Since there is no price differential
>> on Vonage in most cases (I still have a 500 minute limited account
>> but most users do not) the '1' is pointless and a waste of time.
>> _Everything_ is ten digits; even locally, and the price is the same
>> no matter what. However, some people do not know that Vonage can also
>> be _seven digits_ with area code (where the box was installed, or
>> 'home area') assumed. Like telco, if nothing is dialed after seven
>> digits, then it sits there for a few seconds to time out, and deals
>> with what it got. PAT]

> The problem is that they're transmitting caller ID with a 1, so when you
> go to re-dial a number from CLID guess what happens.

Your phone dials the number with a 1. So what?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: So you don't rely on your caller ID
for redial purposes. Use the same feature on your phone instead.

Go to Next message: Julian Thomas: "Tie Lines (was Re: Foreign Exchange (FX) Lines Still in Use?"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Vonage Changes 911 to Opt-Out"
May be in reply to: John Schmerold: "Vonage Improvement: No More Dial 1+"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page