TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Spam and Scam: E-mail From PayPal and Ebay

Spam and Scam: E-mail From PayPal and Ebay

shlichter1@aol.com
4 May 2005 18:26:43 -0700

Anyone get either or both of these e-mails?

I know they were frauds right off since I have never used the address
they were sent to for anything, except once last week to make a post
here, that was before I fixed my newgroup client to munch my return
address.

I have also gotten notices telling me I have won some lottery, I can't
believe people would respond to something that reads like someone in
2nd grade.

The only good Spammer is a dead one? Have you hunted one down today?
I Kill Spammers, Inc. (c) 2005 A Rot in Hell Company

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I get about a dozen each day of
variously, the PayPal or E-Bay 'security department' telling my
account has been detected using fraudulent access (replete with a
'fraud claim/file number') and that as a result my account will have
'limited access to my funds' until such time as I click on the link
they provide (but of course!) and supply them with the proof of my
identity. At one point I was doing as the _real PayPal_ was asking, and
forwarding these to their office but I got bored and busy and quit
bothering to forward them. PAT]

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "New Twist on 'Phishing' Scam - 'Pharming'"
Go to Previous message: LB@notmine.com: "Re: Forward Fax to Email"
May be reply: Barry Margolin: "Re: Spam and Scam: E-mail From PayPal and Ebay"
May be reply: NOTvalid@surplus4actors.INFO: "Re: Spam and Scam: E-mail From PayPal and Ebay"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page