TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is RocketVoIP Deceiving Customers Regarding "Unlimited" VoIP

Re: Is RocketVoIP Deceiving Customers Regarding "Unlimited" VoIP

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:11:28 -0400

Jack Decker wrote:

> A disturbing post just appeared on BroadbandReports.com -- I have
> removed references to RocketVoIP from the Resources for Michigan
> Telephone Users web site until and unless this issue is resolved.

> "Hi all ... I have a problem with RocketVoip (www.rocketvoip.com) They
> said their service is unlimited ($24.95) and suddenly they sent me an
> email about a week ago, telling me that I'm not qualified as a
> residential user and they asked me to switch to business plan. Please
> read the attached email. ..."

> http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,13170575

FWIW, Packet8 does the same thing to it's customers:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,12942543

It's unfortuante that these guys are redefining the word "unlimited."

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Go to Next message: Danny Burstein: "Re: Getting Serious About the War on Spam"
Go to Previous message: Hudson Leighton: "Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Is RocketVoIP Deceiving Customers Regarding "Unlimited" VoIP"