TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Getting Serious About the War on Spam

Re: Getting Serious About the War on Spam

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:25:48 UTC

In <telecom24.164.1@telecom-digest.org> Lisa Minter <lisa_minter2001@yahoo.com> writes:

[ lots snipped ]

> http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0414/p02s01-usju.html

> (RALEIGH, N.C.) From the outside, it was just another middle-class
> tract house with a fountain in the front yard. Inside, it was anything
> but homey. Instead of family pictures on the mantle, computer servers
> were stacked in closets, 12 high-speed wires snaked into the house,
> and monitors were stacked on top of one another.

> From here, Jeremy Jaynes, a Raleigh businessman who rose to No. 8 on
> a list of "spam kingpins," broke the nation's toughest spam law by
> churning out more than 100,000 unsolicited e-mails a month. In fact,
> he was moving closer to 10 million a day.

Ok, this guy contracted for high speed internet connectivity from someone
or another.

Why did anyone else accept any packets from this organization?

Let the spammer continue to pay the local company. And let the two of
them send all the garbage they want to each other. There's no
requirement (barring a few unique circumstances) for anyone else to
answer the doorbell when they ring.

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: sbctech: "Re: Bell Operating Company Employees/Retirees"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Is RocketVoIP Deceiving Customers Regarding "Unlimited" VoIP"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Getting Serious About the War on Spam"