TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?

Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?

Hudson Leighton (hudsonl@skypoint.com)
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:54:58 -0500

In article <telecom24.158.9@telecom-digest.org>, GlowingBlueMist
<nobody@invalid.com> wrote:

> <curious@nospam.com> wrote in message

>> I just got a 900 MHz DSS cordless phone, and I had the perfect spot
>> for it, right on top of my tower computer case. But then I noticed
>> that the manual says that the base unit must be placed away from all
>> electronic equipment, including PCs, stereos, TVs, and microwaves.
>> What is the reasoning for this? Could the magnetic fields generated
>> by the speakers in the phone cause any problems?

> Usually the problem is nothing more than radio frequency
> interferrence. Much like you get if you take a portable radio and get
> it too close to your computer or monitor.

> I have run into some cases where routers or even computers rebooted
> when a portable phone transmitter is placed too close to them due to
> the RFI.

I know of several server rooms that do not allow any cordless phones,
cellphones, bluetooth, etc. in the room, you can't even bring them in
if they are turned off, one room has old Ma Bell 2500 phone on very
long cords for you to use of you need to talk to tech support while
working on a machine.

-Hudson

--
http://www.skypoint.com/~hudsonl

Go to Next message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Is RocketVoIP Deceiving Customers Regarding "Unlimited" VoIP"
Go to Previous message: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Cell Phone Wearing Out?"
May be in reply to: Alan Burkitt-Gray: "Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?"