TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?

Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?

Alan Burkitt-Gray (ABurkitt@EUROMONEYPLC.COM)
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:29:04 +0100

<javascript:ol('news');> news:telecom24.157.7@telecom-digest.org:

> I just got a 900 MHz DSS cordless phone, and I had the perfect spot
> for it, right on top of my tower computer case. But then I noticed
> that the manual says that the base unit must be placed away from all
> electronic equipment, including PCs, stereos, TVs, and microwaves.
> What is the reasoning for this? Could the magnetic fields generated
> by the speakers in the phone cause any problems?

I have a DAB radio (digital audio broadcasting, works on the old TV
band III) next to my PC at home. When I turn the PC off, the radio
switches itself on.

Alan B-G

Alan Burkitt-Gray, Editor, Global Telecoms Business
<http://www.globaltelecomsbusiness.com/>
http://www.globaltelecomsbusiness.com
<http://www.globaltelecomsbusiness.comemail/>
email <mailto:aburkitt@euromoneyplc.com> aburkitt@euromoneyplc.com; tel +44
20 7779 8518 or +1 212 224 3880; fax +44 20 7779 8248.

Go to Next message: Justin Time: "Re: Walkie Talkie"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: Cellular Phone Harassment from '555-555-1212'"
May be reply: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?"
May be reply: Hudson Leighton: "Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page